Lunch and Snack
Fruit is provided free of charge for Key Stage 1 children every day. Children are welcome to bring in additional fruit if they would like to.
Please provide a healthy snack (fruit or vegetables) for children in Years 3-6.
We encourage our children to drink plenty of fresh water throughout the day. These can be refilled at break and lunchtime, and at other points of the day if needed. Please provide a named water bottle for your child every day.
School meals are provided by Edward and Ward who work with the school to ensure meals are of a high quality and nutritionally balanced. Children have a two-choice menu.
A Free School Meal is supplied to all children who are in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (Key Stage 1) as well as to children whose parents are in receipt of Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, or Child Tax Credit.
School meals can be booked through the Parent Pay App.
Instead of a school meal, children are welcome to bring a healthy packed lunch to school.
Packed lunches must be in a suitable box or container which should be named. For health and safety reasons no drinks in cans or glass bottles and no hot liquids.
Children should bring a bottle water into school with them every day.
As our school strives to encourage children to be healthy we ask families to think carefully about what is given to their child in their packed lunch. We do not allow any fizzy drinks, sweets or chocolate.
Healthy Lunchbox Checklist
- A good portion of starchy food, e.g. wholemeal bread, pita, pasta or rice salad.
- Plenty of fruit and vegetables, e.g. an apple, satsuma, handful of cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, mini can of fruit in natural juice.
- Portion of milk or dairy food, e.g. individual cheese portion, pot of yoghurt.
- Portion of lean meat, fish or alternative, ham, chicken, beef, tuna, egg, humous.
- A drink of fruit juice, milk or water.